This workshop will serve as an opportunity for individuals, organizers and organizations doing Reproductive Justice work in the Rust Belt Region to caucus and discuss building a network of Reproductive Justice sites for support, mobilization and coalition-building.
New Voices Pittsburgh: Women of Color for Reproductive Justice will share a brief presentation of our work and current campaigns. We want to explore resource and skill-sharing and facilitate a brainstorming session on strategies and actions steps for multi-organizational, multi- state and multi-issue grassroots organizing within the Rust Belt region.
This workshop will offer all of us organizing in the in Rust Belt region a critical opportunity to meet and create a stronger movement that is more connected working toward local, regional, national and international change together.
Reproductive Justice is:
1. A social change movement to ensure that all women have all choices about our bodies, sexuality, labor and reproduction;
2. A Human Rights-based community organizing framework that seeks to ensure our: Sexual Rights, Pregnancy Rights, Birth Control & Abortion Rights, Birthing Rights and Parenting Rights free from individual, family and state-sanctioned violence;
3. The affirmation of our identities and the end of all forms of oppression;
4. The complete physical, emotional, spiritual, political, economic, environmental and social well-being of women and girls; and
5. A positive means to transform ourselves, our families and our communities through the healing practice of self-help.